This Page

has been moved to new address

All About Me!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: All About Me!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

All About Me!



{About Me}


A brief overview-

My name is Sarah, I have been very happily married for 7 years now. I am the mother of 2 adorable boys; Tater (Caden) who is 6 and Moose (Conlan) who is 4. We are living in beautiful Colorado, homeschooling our kids and loving every minute of it! 

I am just one girl trying to change the world! My husband and I were foster parents for 7 years, we just recently retired so that we could focus on our little guys. I am a birth Doula who is obsessed with all things pregnancy, labor and birth and I could talk about it for days! I was a gestational surrogate in 2008, giving birth to twin girls who were not genetically related to me. Their parents are some of our very best friends. 

I am the resident mom to everyone, there is rarely a person around me who doesn't think of me as their mother of sorts, even if we are the same age. I love giving advice and listening to people's problems, trying to help them solve whatever issue is bothering them. That is what inspired me to do this blog, people really trust me and I love helping anyone with anything (legal; don't call me to help you rob a bank, haha). Feel free to get in touch with me if you ever need anything or you just want to chat!



The low down-
  • I will be baking up a storm this year and sharing some amazing recipes with all of you!
  • When I buy new stuff I will write a review so that you will have a "friends'" opinion of the product before you buy it. It helps to know what one of your peers thinks of a product before you buy it, the good and the bad!
  • We have so many cool things planned for school this year and I would love to pass on my ideas to you as well as hear some of your ideas!
  • I am on a mission to learn as many crafts as possible and I intend to share that adventure with you, right now my main focus is sewing but I also crochet and have learned the very basics of knitting. I love learning new things and I tend to dive in head first. 
Contact information- surrosarah{at}gmail{dot}com



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

love your blogs new look! Your life is soooo interesting! What a special gift to be able to carry a baby for someone..and foster parent as well! You sound like such a cool person!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Katrina said...

Love your blog -- I'm a new follower and just realized we have a few things in common.

1) I'm a homeschooling mama, too!
2) I'm a natural birth advocate...had my last 3 babies at home with a midwife. All three were born under water. Simply the best.births.ever! I wish I had had them all that way! (I have nine children!) I, too, could talk about anything pregnancy or birth related for days! I never get tired of talking about it :)
3) When we are done having children, I would LOVE to be a foster parent. I am interested in fostering the newborn/baby ages. I am just so in love with babies - and I know they can be harder on some, but for me....well, babies are my "thing" and I know that I'd be an excellent foster mom to the newborns and babies out there who need to be loved on and cared for.

I just can't imagine my home without a baby in it. Not only do I want to help care for those in need, but I just always want a baby on my hip. I'm 41 right now and I miss having a baby on my hip! (my youngest is 2.5 years old and is getting a bit heavy, LOL) We have had two pregnancies after her, but lost both of those right around the 10th week: miscarriages. So I do not know if we will end up having more of our own. Perhaps I'm meant to foster now? Perhaps.

What ages did you foster?
So glad that I found your blog:)

 
At March 18, 2011 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. Found you on Ashley's Coffee with Friends Friday. Though,I must admit that I'm drinking tea!:)
You sound very much like my sister-in-law. She is a doula also...and has 5 children of her own. I feel like a slacker...only have 3 kids...but they ARE teenagers so it feels like 6!
Glad I found you! Stop by and say hi if you get the chance!

 
At March 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Our Life in the Deep End said...

I sooooo look forward to getting to know you!You sound like an amazing lady!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home