This Page

has been moved to new address

I Will Be Your Valentine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: I Will Be Your Valentine

Monday, February 14, 2011

I Will Be Your Valentine

{I Guess We Should Get to Know Each Other First}

So, before I can be your Valentine we should get to know each other, don’t you think? I was trying to think of some things to tell you about me and here are just a few, we can learn more as our relationship builds. How about 14 facts, in honor of the 14th of February?

My hidden talent is being able to clap with one hand, yup that’s right, one hand. My finger tips hit my palm… it’s one of those things you have to see to understand.

I was a gestational surrogate once to twin girls; I hope and pray to get to be a surrogate again.
(34 week belly with the twins)

I am an advanced scuba diver.

I do not eat pork or any pork products, not due to any religious choice but because my 6th grade teacher taught me way too much about it.

I hate coffee, coffee products and coffee flavored foods and drinks. The smell of it makes me sick and the taste is awful!

I have one paralyzed dog and a partially blind/deaf dog. I don’t know why I always pick the misfits but I love them.

I have an insane, irrational fear of lots of foods. Pickles and mustard are at the top of the list and I will literally run, scream, hit, cry and do whatever it takes to keep someone from touching me with either of them. (Why would someone try to touch me with a pickle or mustard you might ask? Well, they wouldn’t, they know better!)


I started getting gray hair at the ripe old age of 19 and I get more every day. I am thinking that I am about 1/3 gray at this point and I love it! 
(I hope I can go gray as gracefully as Mrs. Paula Dean!)

I didn’t eat any legumes of any kind until I was18 and now I am obsessed! I could eat them with every meal.

I have crafting ADD, I start new projects all the time and never finish them. In the last 7 years of marriage I have learned to crochet, knit, take some semi-decent pictures (that I need to learn to edit), a little bit of scrapbooking and sewing.

My husband and I did foster care for the first 5 years of our marriage and took in about 25 kids in that time.

I still talk to my childhood best friend every single day, 18 years later. We don't just talk for a second either, we talk for an hour or more at a time! She is my sister and we stick together through everything. (Although saying that I have had a friend for 18 years makes me feel a little sick)
(us, back in the day at the roller skating rink. Nice hair right?)

(Me on the left, best friend on the right. Better hair)

I am a very picky girl, I mean very picky. Go ahead name a food and ask me if I like it, odds are the answer will be no but I still consider myself a foodie! I love eating, trying the same old thing at new restaurants and finding the best meals.

I didn’t know how to cook or bake a single thing when I got married, other than that boxed beef assistant meal. I taught myself everything that I know about cooking and baking and I think it has worked out rather well! (see picture above for evidence)

Well, now that we are Valentines, what'd ya get me? 



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Chasin Fireflies said...

I love that you did Foster care! I worked for the State of Utah with Foster children and loved every minute of it. I almost adopted a little boy (but he was part of a tribe that wouldn't let him be adopted). I still love that little guy and he will never know! But anyway Foster parents are amazing!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

The clapping with one hand reminds me of The Simpsons, and the black hand reminds me of The Black Hand, from the Sicilian mafia! I scuba dived before and it seemed unnatural to me and I panicked. (I pretty sure I drowned in a past life.) Whoa, that is one pregnant belly! I think it so cool when women have natural gray hair. I gotta finish this later.

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dogs who lose their hearing later in life, may become aggressive but it is only because of their confusion. Unlike humans, they do not understand what is happening to them and can lash out in fear when startled. Never come up behind a deaf dog who is sleeping. Even when he is awake, if he can't see you come up behind him, he may be momentarily startled and and act aggressively.

It is also extremely important to learn how to communicate with, and train, your dog using hand signals. Whether you use American Sign Language, standard obedience signs, or signals of your own development, it is very important that you and other people who interact with your dog, are consistent with the signs that you use. Additionally, it is wise to use signs that require only one hand and can be easily detected by your dog from a distance away.





health and fitness articles

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you for all of the information Jazzie! Our pup was born partially blind and deaf, but he can still hear us, it just takes a louder call to get him inside :)

I never thought of ASL with dogs, it makes sense though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home