This Page

has been moved to new address

Review for Calphalon Contemporary 11 Piece Cookware

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Review for Calphalon Contemporary 11 Piece Cookware

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review for Calphalon Contemporary 11 Piece Cookware

{Product Review- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-pc. Cookware Set}

We received this set a couple of days ago and we are in awe of the cookware! It is an 11 piece set which includes; 10 inch omelette pan (I would describe it as a frying pan), 12 inch covered omelette pan, 1.5 quart covered sauce pan, 2.5 quart covered sauce pan and an 8 quart covered stockpot.

{Features of this set}
This cookware is made of a virtually pure, heavy-gauge aluminum for even heating. The bottom features rounded edges which makes it easy to get your utensils in and stir without missing anything in those pesky corners.  This cookware also features 3 layers of nonstick coating meaning you have to use little to no oil for your cooking, which is great for low-fat preparation. You can use Nylon coated or wooden utensils with no issue; you should not use metal though, as is true with any nonstick cookware. The exterior is hard anodized and will not chip or crack.

The lids are made of tempered glass, so you can see what you are cooking and they are also a dome shape so that any moisture that builds up will return back to the food. 

Everything in the set is oven safe to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which is useful too!


{What do I think?}
When we received the set we immediately opened up the box and started pulling everything out. 

We were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over them and were instantly in love with the way they look. They are a very dark gun metal type gray, which is lovely. The lids are glass so that you can see what you are cooking, I love that! The lid is framed with a chrome colored metal and the handle is that color too, the contrast against the dark gray is wonderful. They are quite heavy and definitely sturdy feeling. The pan and pot handles are also “stay cool” which means you do not have to have a pot holder to handle them while on the stove, just in the oven.  
I have cooked a few times in these pans already and it is like a dream! They heat really evenly and very quickly. With my old set I had to turn the heat to high to get my water to boil and with these I can use a medium high heat.  I cannot imagine anything being able to stick to the bottom of the pan, even if it wanted to!

I would recommend this set to anyone who is looking for really high quality, long lasting cookware. I can see that this high quality set will last for years and years if it is taken care of. The do cost slightly more than some of the sets that you can find but I really believe that if you have the money to spend now, it is worth it and will save you more money in the long run.

It has only been a week but the only thing that I have found to be a negative so far is that the lid handles are not “stay cool” and I have to use a hot pad to remove them. 


Go here to purchase this awesome cookware or to find a local retailer-
http://store.calphalon.com/calphalon-contemporary-nonstick-11-pc-cookware-set/298856

The opinions in this review are my own, I was not paid or provided with any products for this review. 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking in my Frugalista Fridays hop! :)

 
At February 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Renae said...

I'll have to keep these in mind when I go hunting for a set of non-stick cookware. I really need to get at least one skillet for making grilled cheese and other things that just don't work quite as well if the pan isn't non-stick.

 
At February 23, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

These look nice, I like the curved handle on the lid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home