This Page

has been moved to new address

How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

{Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes}

These are so easy to make but always get a ton of compliments for creativity. They don’t take any longer than regular cupcakes to prepare but people look at them and assume that they were really difficult.

{You Will Need}
Prepared cake batter (box mix or homemade)
24 Ice cream cones with a flat bottom so that you can stand them up in the oven
Frosting
Decorations

{Directions}
  • Preheat the oven according to cake batter directions
  • Spoon your batter into the cones; I filled them up to the rim inside, just about ½ an inch from the top
  • Stand the filled cones up in a cake pan (or on top of any cookie sheet)
  • Bake the cupcakes until they are done and they spring back when you push gently on the top of them. I know this isn’t a really helpful direction but it is hard to tell how long they will take. I cooked mine for 22 minutes and they were perfect.

  • Allow them to cool and then using a piping bag frost them to look like ice cream

  • Add sprinkles or other ice cream style toppings!

  • These are lovely and taste amazing, I love having the crunchy factor with my cake, yum. Something to note though, they do go stale quickly and should be eaten the same day that they are baked, so bake them the day of your party or be prepared to share them with friends! 
I used my churros cupcake recipe in these and you can find that here and they are frosted with cinnamon frosting, yummy! You can find the recipe for the frosting here


Photobucket

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post, they sound really yummy and easy!!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger momnmia said...

Those are super cute! I'm going to make some for St. Patrick's Day.

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

They really were simple, just like a regular cupcake. Making them for St. Patty's day is a great idea, I might just do that too!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Holly said...

So cute!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger LLM Calling said...

these are fantastic, looking forward to trying them
I'm a new follower from the blog hop, Emma from http://majorloveoffilm.blogspot.com and http://llmcalling.blogspot.com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

YUM!!! These sound amazing

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy stuff here!! I just love the name of your blog, what a hoot!! Happy to be a new follower. Invite you to visit my blog and link up to my Sunday blog bash K.I.S.S. :)

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Love it!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Yummm! Great idea! Following through the social parade, hope you'll follow back!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Kids always love these! So cute! Thanks for sharing on Chic on a Shoestring!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Rhinestone Beagle said...

Totally cute! I remember making these with my girl scout troup when I was little.

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I love making these and it's always a HUGE hit for the kids. I think these turned out great.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Denise @ SpareChangeChic said...

Super party idea. I bet they are so yummy too! I'm a new follower.

Denise
sparechangechic.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Yummmmm! Those look so good! We have a birthday party coming up next month...I think we'll have to do this! Yours are so cute!

NatSprat.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger The L-I Headmaster said...

OMG. I just can't. express. it.
These look so delicious~~~~ X3

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

These are really cute, I think I will do this for my girls' party coming up!

 
At March 6, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

these look so delicious! i will have to make some asap!

best,
ashleigh

 
At March 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Parents of a Dozen said...

I saw this years ago, but I forgot all about it. My children would love this. I will have to make this soon.

 
At March 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Amanda said...

your frosting looks deliscious!! What is it - your own recipe?! Will you email me the recipe?!
THANKS :)
Amanda
amandasalber@hotmail.com

 
At March 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger ArtfullyJune said...

These look great. I might have to try this with a cake mix that I have.

 
At March 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Elle said...

Those look good. I'm on a diet though :(

Simple Wyrdings

 
At March 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Faythe said...

great idea. I bet little hands & mouths would love these. and not as messy as real ice cream, and easier to handle than a regular cupcake since no wrapper. Have a 3 y/o grandson b-day coming up ;) I already follow you :) Faythe @ GMT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home