This Page

has been moved to new address

Creamy Tomato Sauce (Pink Sauce) Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Creamy Tomato Sauce (Pink Sauce) Recipe

Monday, February 28, 2011

Creamy Tomato Sauce (Pink Sauce) Recipe

{Meatless Monday- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce} 
I am in love with “pink” sauce; it is such a great way to make a creamy tomato sauce for your pasta. This makes enough sauce to cover a pound of noodles, you can use any shape noodle you choose (I would recommend Ziti or bowtie).

{Ingredients} 
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
4-5 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it!)
2 (14.5 oz) can of Italian style diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
1 Teaspoon of salt
Pinch of white sugar
1 Cup of heavy cream
2 Tablespoon of butter

{Directions}
  • In a deep sauce pan sauté garlic in olive oil over medium heat

  • In a blender combine tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and sugar. Blend for just a few pulses, until the sauce is the texture that you like (I like mine without any chunks of tomato)

  • Add the tomato mixture into the oil and garlic and simmer for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat

  • Whisk in the heavy cream and butter

  • Heat for about 10 minutes or until the milk is warm, do not allow it to boil

  • Season with salt and pepper to taste, serve over noodles and top with Parmesan cheese
(We are out of Parmesan, what a bummer!)

Photobucket

This recipe was adapted from a recipe that can be found here.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger LoneIslander said...

And now I'm hungry.

 
At February 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I made something similar last month with cream cheese, but I, being the culinary expert that I am, thought it would be a good idea to add flour to thicken it up--bad idea. It came out all sandy tasty. But the flavor was great! I'll try your recipe. It looks so good yummy to me right now! Thanks for sharing! Janae

 
At February 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Sippy Cup Mom said...

Mmmm, that looks good!

 
At February 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Self Care Girl said...

Yum! Pasta is my comfort food.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

I love pink sauce. Thanks for finding me! I love your blog. Following you back!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

I have heard of pink sauce, now we'll have to try it. And that is a bummer you were out of parmesan cheese!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home