This Page

has been moved to new address

The Best Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: The Best Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Best Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe

{Stuffed Bell Peppers the New Style} 

I love stuffed peppers, they are a huge hit in our household. This version of stuffed peppers is great because everything is already chopped up and you get just the right amount of everything in each bite! This is a variation of a great recipe that I got from my friend Tina.

{Ingredients} 
1lb of ground beef, browned
1-2 red bell peppers diced up
29oz canned undrained diced tomatoes (I use fire roasted)
15oz tomato sauce (I use a can of fire roasted tomatoes blended to sauce)
¼ teaspoon of thyme
3 cups of beef broth (or water and bouillon mixed according to directions)
1 cup of white rice (I use Jasmine)

{Directions} 
1.  Brown the beef
2.  Using a stock pot mix the bell peppers in with the beef and allow them to soften a bit

3.  Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, thyme and broth bring to a boil

4.  Put the rice in, cover and reduce the heat to low

5.  Simmer for 30-45 minutes until peppers are tender and rice is cooked.



{Optional}
Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated (Parmesan really does make this meal complete!)



Photobucket

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Five Seconds From Crazy said...

I love stuffed peppers and am loving this recipe. It sounds pretty low in fat which is fabulous! Can lean ground beef be used or does that screw up the consistency?

 
At February 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah, yum! I love stuffed Bell Peppers, my husband is such a picky eater tho..bbooo! I still make him eat them sometimes. THANKS for the hair idea..you are so right and you know what, I NEVER do those hair tutorials on myself on an everyday basis. I am so going to look for every day cute mommy dos! Thanks for the INSPIRATION!!

 
At February 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

New follower here from the blog hop! hope you stop on by.
http://themizenfamily.blogspot.com/

 
At February 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Are You A Mom said...

Hello,
Looks YUMMY!!!! I am now following you :)
Please stop by and say hello and follow me too...Areyouamom.com
Thanks!
Maureen

 
At February 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Lesley- I only use lean beef, usually 93/7 and it always tastes great!

 
At February 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Kallee Anne said...

I am a new follower, would love to have you follow back at creativesouthernhome.blogspot.com
This recipe looks really yummy!

 
At February 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stuff peppers and your friend's recipe was right on! Hello, I'm here from the blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I'm a foodie too and would love it if you visted and followed my blog too. It'd be great being friends. Happy Thursday!

http://exjw-foodie.blogspot.com/

 
At February 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Roller Coaster said...

Looks YUMMY! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Nice to meet you!

Wife on the Roller Coaster
http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

 
At February 24, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

This recipe is beyond yummy!! I love stuffed peppers. Thanks for the recipe.

Stop by and say hi at www.couponsandfreebiesgalore.com

 
At February 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Laura Everyday Edits said...

new follower from friday blog hop. love your blog title! would love a follow back, laura
http://imnotatrophywife.com

 
At February 25, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Thrifty T said...

What a great idea! My grandma used to make these but I always gave away the pepper portion; I would definitely give this a try. ;o)

 
At March 6, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

THis does look good, easier then trying to put it in a pepper.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home