This Page

has been moved to new address

Tidy Friday- Clean Out Your Freezer in a Hurry

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Tidy Friday- Clean Out Your Freezer in a Hurry

Friday, February 25, 2011

Tidy Friday- Clean Out Your Freezer in a Hurry

{Tidy Friday}

This week we must do it, we must clean out our freezers! I know this is rough and I hate doing it but it has to be done. If you have a side by side it is especially important because I bet you have a bunch of food that you don’t even know you have, some expired stuff and a mess on the shelves under all of it!




(before)

I mix my own spray cleaner for my freezer so that I can minimize the amount of cleaner that freezes before I can wipe it out. I mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of HOT water and a little bit of lemon juice.

  • Start by taking all of the food out, you can move from the top shelf down if you have a side by side. Place the food in a cooler.
  • As you pull your food out spray some cleaner onto your rag and wipe down your freezer racks.
  • When you get to the bottom of the freezer I just spray the cleanser into the freezer and wipe it out with the rag before it can turn to ice!
  • Place all of the food back in, making sure to throw away anything that has been in there for way too long or things that are frost bitten.




(After)

That’s it, you did it! Sparkling clean freezer and now you even know what is in there! Maybe you will find something to make for dinner tonight as an added little bonus. 



Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Eat To Live said...

I just hate my side by side.... You are right... I can never find anything.

I am following gfc and voted for you on the fence.

Thanks for linking up to the weekend blog hop.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Blogger mymy said...

hmmmm...your post just reminded me that i need to do the groceries. lol. yup, we're low on stocks now. love the homemade freezer cleaner recipe...thanks, will copy that! :)

appreciate your following my blog; followed yours, too!

mymy
My bric-a-brac

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, great job and good tips! I need these..I only have a small freezer on top so we don't have the overload ..YET..but add kids and that is bound to change! Thank you so much for voting for me too, so sweet!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:17 PM , Blogger maiylah said...

am your 203rd follower :)
i like your cleaner...will definitely use that the next time i get the courage to clean my freezer. ;)

thanks for following!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Anonymous anne maskell said...

You are so right. Both the free standing and the freezer above the fridge need cleaning. Hopefully you have motivated me enough to do it! I'm you newest follower from the weekend hop!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger tawna6988 said...

I am following you back!

 
At March 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

Im jonesing for an extra freezer so I can stockpile more freezer stuff. And that half a cow I want to buy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home