This Page

has been moved to new address

Easy Homemade Egg Noodles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Easy Homemade Egg Noodles

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Homemade Egg Noodles

{Simple Homemade Egg Noodles} 
I got this recipe from Amanda, for a few years she has been telling me how simple and great these are. I have tried to make noodles before and it was anything but simple, so I avoided making these thinking it would be hard but this week I tried it and she was right! It was so easy; it took just a few minutes to make the dough and have them ready to cook. She was also right about the taste, they are awesome!

{Ingredients} 
3 Eggs
3 Egg shells full of water (I know this isn't a great measurement but this recipe was handed down from an amazing cook who never measures anything)
Ground pepper
3 Cups of flour, with extra for dusting
Broth- whatever flavor you desire, enough to boil your noodles so this will depend on your pot size

{Directions}
  • Crack 3 eggs into a bowl; pour 3 egg shells full of water into the eggs
  • Add ¼ teaspoon of pepper or more, depending on your taste



  • Beat eggs briefly
  • Mix the flour in with a fork, when dough starts to form add the remaining flour and knead until the flour is worked in. If sticky, add a little more flour.


  • Put a pot of your desired broth on the stove to boil
  • Sprinkle the counter top with plenty of flour, pour out the dough and sprinkle it with more flour.


  • Roll flat; I would suggest rolling it very, very thin! I didn't roll mine thin enough and my noodles were very thick.
  • Sprinkle the rolled out dough with flour and roll the dough (cinnamon roll style)


  • Cut into ½ inch strips


  • Unroll strips and place them in boiling broth


  • Cook for 20 minutes

The more flour that is on the noodles the more gravy like your broth will become in the end. Add chicken/beef and vegetables for a soup or put whatever you want on top of the noodles!





Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 at 5:06 AM , Blogger KimberFNP said...

Ahhh, this looks great!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous keri said...

Now THIS is worth a try. I think it's brilliant. So fresh, easy and appetizing YUMMMM...

I'm following and may stalk.

Keri

alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze.com
samwich365.com

 
At March 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous Madame Deals said...

I am now following you from the hop. I hope you are having a nice day. Please, follow me back. Amee Madame Deals.

 
At March 22, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

My husbands side and my side both grew up with these noodles. They are easy and really good, I like mine in chicken noodle soup. A very old recipe!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi following you from Good Friends Just Click Link Up & I ♥ Blogging Hop. Nice blog!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks yummy!
I'm a new follower from the I heart Bloggin hop!
Moore Babies

 
At March 26, 2011 at 3:17 AM , Blogger This Lil Piglet said...

I'm going to try this one. My MIL makes homemade noodles but I'm always too chicken to try; this one looks easy and yummy. Thanks for sharing! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home