This Page

has been moved to new address

Making Bias Tape

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Making Bias Tape

Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Bias Tape

{How to Make Bias Tape}
I started sewing about a year ago and I haven’t done enough of it really.  This week I bought fabric to make a little project and to my dismay there was no bias tape that matched it so I decided to make my own!

This was definitely a first for me! It was really rough at first but I had to make it out of two different fabrics and by the time I got to the second one it felt a little bit easier.

I followed the directions on this website and I thought they were great! 




Can you believe it? I made that beautiful bias tape right there! You can too, try it and let me know how it goes! 




Photobucket

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 11, 2011 at 6:45 AM , Anonymous Red Headed Step Child said...

Your tape looks fabulous! I'm also new to sewing. I've posted some of my "learning" embroidery on my blog in the Relaxation section. I bought a book at Hobby Lobby last week, all about making cute as pie skirts but haven't started anything. I was overwhelmed by the first chapter...

Ugh.

Nice to meet you though, stopped by from Eisy Morgan.

 
At March 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Lesley said...

I seriously can't even begin to tell you how much I needed to see this post today. I was googling " how to make your own bias tape " in another tab as I opened this.
Serendipitous, yes?
PS...Five Seconds From has moved....and is now called Fabulously Flawed. Hope you come see me again! Muah!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Sandi (Meme) said...

What a great post, I needed it! I'm working on making aprons to sell, and thought about making my own bias tape - wasn't sure how! Thanks also for stopping by and leaving a comment about Maude, she's a sweetie! Have a great week, and hope to see you again soon. Sandi

 
At March 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

LOVE that you chose green! so pretty! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

 
At March 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, new follower from Social Parade. Very nice. I love the color. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home