This Page

has been moved to new address

The Melting Pot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: The Melting Pot

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Melting Pot

{First Fondue Ever}

For our 7 year anniversary we went to a restaurant called The Melting Pot, it’s a hip little fondue place. I have heard about this place for years and have never tried it but this week was restaurant week so instead of being well over $100 for a meal at The Melting Pot it was only $52.80 for two people!

The meal included a starter course which was a cheddar cheese fondue; consisting of Aged, medium-sharp Cheddar and Emmenthalar Swiss cheeses, lager beer, garlic and seasoning. They mix all of the ingredients in front of you and allow it to melt. They gave us a bowl of bread, some veggies and apples to dip. I must say, it was very good!

The second course was a salad, which I didn’t bother with.

Third course was the dinner course and we had the Court Bouillon which is homemade, seasoned vegetable broth. They give you several meats that you set in the broth and allow to cook; we got chicken, two kinds of steak and Mahi, Mahi. You stab whatever you want and throw it in the broth for a few minutes, take it out, dip it in one of their signature sauces and enjoy.


Dessert; I don’t know why I didn’t go straight to talking about dessert! It was fantastic! We got the special of the month which was White chocolate crème Brule fondue. White chocolate base with caramelized sugar sprayed with caramel liquor and then flambéed right at your table. They give you some amazing things to dip in it too; marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, rice crispy treats, cheesecake, pound cake and brownies.


It was a really great night; I don’t know about the outrageous prices for the food there but for the restaurant week price it was good. I would say that the meal itself was average but the dessert was awesome! In the future we will go just for dessert and not waste money on the whole meal. The actual dipping part of everything was really fun, it was nice to sit and chat and cook a little, I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Have you had fondue? 

How about a fondue party, have you had one or been to one? Was it great? I want to have one now!



Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At March 13, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anny! I've never tried the Melting Pot but I have heard how good it is. :)

I'm your newest follower through Relax Surf Sunday; hope you'll follow back!!

http://carrigansjoy.blogspot.com/

 
At March 13, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger KimberFNP said...

I love the Melting Pot and my son (who's 21 now) would love it, thinking of doing that at home to save some $$ since he's in college and that would be a splurge for us right now. Happy Sunday! Linking here from the blog hop.

 
At March 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Single country gal said...

Following you from the blog hop! Love you blog title! Please follow back at singlecountrychick.blogspot.com

 
At March 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger S.Greiner said...

I'm a big fan of The Melting Pot...we went there for Valentine's Day this year with two other couples...super fun. We did the "Big Night Out" but in the future I would just be all about the cheese and dessert...skip the meal :)! Have a great weekend and Happy Anniversary!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Fields said...

We try to go at least once a year. It is sooooo good!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I can't believe it took us this long to try it, we love trying restaurants! I think cheese and dessert and skip the meal is a great plan!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

I have never been here before, I think I will just go for dessert too. Im glad you guys had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home