This Page

has been moved to new address

Super Easy Headband

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Super Easy Headband

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Super Easy Headband

{Fastest Headband Ever}


I found this 10 minute headband over at Bluebird Studio and I have never made any like this before so I decided to give it a shot. She has a great tutorial, be sure to head over and check it out. It was so simple! There was no turning stuff inside out or trying to loop elastic through the fabric, just sewing a simple strip and attaching a hair tie at the bottom. Simple and beautiful!

I started with a 6” wide and 22” long strip of fabric and a hair tie
I folded the fabric in half length wise and ironed a crease into it and unfolded it


Using the iron again I folded the edges one at a time to the center crease and ironed again

After I had ironed both sides in, I folded to the center crease, I folded the fabric in half again and ironed it flat

I sewed along each edge of the fabric

I folded the ends in and creased them, 

Placed the hair tie into the creases and sewed them shut using the zig zag stitch to hold it in.

Ta-Da! Beautiful headband! 




Photobucket

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At March 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Lesley said...

This is gorgeous and really classic looking. I really love the way that the elastic is looped in the back instead of cut. You know what I mean? A lot of tutorials show that you have to cut it and sew each end to opposite ends of the hadband but then you have to sew over it a million times to make sure it holds!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

I really like this, I have about a million hairbands that I don't use and tons of scraps! I think I might just whip up a few of these!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Just a note- Bluebird Studios recommends doing 18"-20" long if the headband is for a child. I didn't read that until after I made the headband and now it is too long for my niece.

 
At March 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

This is super cute! I need a sewing machine, maybe this summer I can get ahold of one. But this is really cute, my girls would love them!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Mommy's Memorandum said...

Wow! That is so stinkin' cute and it looks easy enough I might take a weekend and pick out some fabric. Love it!
Thanks for following--I'm following you back from Mommy's Memorandum

 
At March 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

So easy, what a fab idea!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Onlythemanager said...

Lovely! I'm going to try it for sure!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Amanda @ Taking Time for Mommy said...

Beautiful! I have a crafty daughter who will LOVE this!

~ Amanda (GFC: mandiana)
... following via Alexa Hop

 
At March 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

If anyone makes one let me know! I would love to see some pictures :)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Brenda Emmett said...

Stopping by from the Alexa Blog Hop. What a cute headband! :)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Mama Chocolate said...

Awesome! So easy! I will make one soon and blog about it. :-)

Stopping by again from the Alexa hop this week!

http://childrenchoresandchocolate.blogspot.com/

 
At March 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Chasin Fireflies said...

I love making these! Good job Miss Sarah!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 12:09 AM , Blogger BeeCute said...

Hi! Stopping by from the Alexa blog hop and joined u GFC. I'd love for u to stop by my blog, BeeCute.
www.beecute1.blogspot.com
Luv the headband! Such an easy idea, but looks great!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Blogger Krafty Max Originals said...

BLOG HOPping around with Alexa - I am now a follower of your blog. ~KM
Krafty Max Originals

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am also blog hopping today and I have to say I LOVE your blog! I will definitely be attempting to make this headband this week and hopefully it turns out decent enough to wear :)

 
At March 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Mnemosyne said...

This is perfect for spring/summer accessorizing; I'll have to give it a whirl :) I'm a new email subscriber and look forward to seeing more of your blog!

 
At March 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM , Blogger mrsking14 said...

Helping lower your Alexa! Showing some love from Dinosaurs & Dandelions!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 6:59 PM , Blogger thingsthatkeepmesane.com said...

Very cool. I wish I was crafty! Found you on the Alexa Hop. Heather
www.thingsthatkeepmesane.com

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger momnmia said...

Love it! So cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home