This Page

has been moved to new address

Ruined- Denver

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Ruined- Denver

Friday, March 25, 2011

Ruined- Denver

{Ruined Denver- Review}
Tonight Jason and I attended the opening night performance of Ruined at the Ricketson Theater in Denver. If you read my blog then you know that I love seeing shows at any of the Denver Center theaters, they are always fabulous! The Ricketson Theater is one of the cozier venues and it was perfect because no matter where you sit you are close enough to the stage to feel, see and hear everything. 

{About the Show}
In this Pulitzer Prize winning play you see the war in Africa through the windows of a bar/brothel. You see the pain of the women in the Democratic Republic of Congo amidst the bloody civil war going on around them. The show is based on Mama Nadi, the owner of the bar/brothel and two of the girls who work for her. She provides refuge, food and a good time for men on both sides of the battle and all they have to do is leave their bullets at the bar.


{My Opinion}
This show was very good, I had a great time and I was drawn in and focused on each moment of the show. Learning the stories of the characters pasts and following them in their present. The story was full of drama but also had plenty of comedy to lighten the mood when things were getting a little heavy.

The actors were very good and you could feel the true emotion of the story through their portrayal. When they hurt, you could feel it. I am sure you have heard many times “it will make you laugh, it will make you cry” and this time it is true; I did both and so did the people around me.

If you love a good, genuine drama that is heartfelt and full of true emotion this is the show for you. I would recommend this show, I think it was great and I would see it again.

Mar 18, 2011-Apr 30, 2011
The Ricketson Theatre
Tickets start at $10

Performances:
Mon-Thu 6:30pm
Fri & Sat 7:30pm
Sat mat 1:30pm

Run Time: 2 hr 27 min, including intermission




Photobucket
The opinions in this review are my own. I was provided with tickets to this show but I was not paid for this review.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At March 25, 2011 at 1:10 AM , Blogger TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Wow, sounds really interesting and intense! Great review on it, I am intrigued.
Hope you are having a good Friday. I am hosting my Storytellers Blog Hop today and would love if you (wanted to) to stop by :)
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

 
At March 25, 2011 at 4:02 AM , Blogger Shah Wharton said...

Sounds marvellous - I'm in Dubai however so I'll not get to see it. I do so miss my West End! Ah!

Here from the hop to be nosey - great blog. I'm following too.

Shah from wordsinsync.blogspot.com

 
At March 25, 2011 at 5:32 AM , Blogger M's giveaway blog said...

Sounds great! Thanks for following me on my blog, I am your newest follower!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Anonymous Bernie said...

Wow, that sounds very heart-wrenching. One that would drain you emotionally. In other words sounds like an interesting show.

Stopping by from Texgermanadian hop

 
At March 25, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Sonnia J. Kemmer said...

Following from Storytellers Blog Hop. Happy Friday!

A Ladybug's Life

 
At March 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by and linking up on the this for that linky!
http://theknitwitbyshair.blogspot.com

 
At March 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Debi Gerhart said...

Hi, following you back. Thanks for visiting http://thespringmount6pack.com

 
At March 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Hi, I've picked you to recieve a Stylish Blogger Award. You can pick it up here:
http://livingtheruthlifeinaneveworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

 
At March 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous Hopper in Denver said...

Sounds like an amazing show, I will definitely go and check it out! Love the blog!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

Nice, it does sound like a good play, I have never heard of the Ricketson theater.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home