This Page

has been moved to new address

First Falafel

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: First Falafel

Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Falafel

{My Falafel}
When we went to Israel this summer I tried falafel for the very first time and I realized that I had found one of my true culinary loves. If you don’t know falafel is like a little meat ball with no meat, it is just ground up chick peas and some seasonings; you put it in a pita with some humus and it is amazing!

I found this blog- www.humus101.com it has a bunch of recipes for authentic humus and falafel so I decided to try making it on my own.

The directions were simple
Soak, rinse and dry the chick peas

Mix ingredients together

make them into balls and fry in a little bit of oil



No one mentioned that they burn *super* easy! So several of them burned but most of them were great. They were really quick and easy but I think I could use some hints from a pro before I give it another shot. There are some great looking humus recipes on this blog that I will be trying though! 


Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 3, 2011 at 5:08 AM , Blogger TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Ok, I will admit it, I have never had one. I wasn't even really sure what all was in them, but they look and sound great!! I have to try one now :)

 
At April 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Anonymous Jen@Mom's Online Garage Sale said...

I've been waiting for this post. We LOVE chick peas I'll wait till you get the browning down pat b4 I give this a shot. Great meal for the campground!!

 
At April 3, 2011 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Mmmm sound delicious and easy to make, sounds like my kind of snack.

 
At April 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Katherines Corner said...

Oh I love these, yum. Hugs!

 
At April 3, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Onlythemanager said...

I LOVE falafels! I've never made my own but I'm feeling like maybe I could now!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

Very interesting! Like the first time I made fudge, I didn't boil it long enough and it came out runny.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger momnmia said...

Oh my, you are always making stuff I love! I LOVE FALAFEL! The best tip I can offer for next time, is to scoop them with a disher (like a 2oz. ice cream scoop), instead of rolling them into balls. The texture should be light, but rolling them gets too compacted. Also, a good food processor or blender, on low speed, can chop the ingredients instead of mashing it all together, resulting in a lighter, less dense falafel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home