This Page

has been moved to new address

Tidy Friday- Fridge Cleaning Tips

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Tidy Friday- Fridge Cleaning Tips

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tidy Friday- Fridge Cleaning Tips

{Tidy Friday}

Spring fever has hit me, we had a few really nice days this week and it got me thinking about what I need to do around the house and believe me, there is plenty to be done! There is so much to do that I wasn’t even sure where to start!

This week I think we should clean out the fridge! I do this every month or so because I hate seeing my fridge with clutter in it, my fridge should be that of a minimalist not a hoarder.

This shouldn’t take long, maybe 30 minutes and the feeling you will have at the end will be worth it!

Like I said last week in my quick bathroom cleaning guide, start from the top and move down. This way when you are cleaning the mess is falling down to places that you haven’t cleaned yet.

                                     (Before)                               

First go through your food, condiments, juices and anything else that you may have in the fridge and get rid of anything that you don’t want anymore. You may have old food or other things that have expired or that you know you won’t need again anytime soon. I empty out plastic and glass containers and recycle them.
After you get rid of the “extras” you should move everything to the lowest shelves possible. I try to rearrange my foods as I clean so that I don’t have to leave anything on the cupboards while I clean. This way nothing gets warm while it is waiting for a clean shelf.

Pull out the shelves starting at the top and hand wash them with soap, warm water and a sponge. When each shelf is done dry it thoroughly with a towel and place it back in the fridge. Do this until all of the shelves are clean, moving your food around as you go.


Finally pull out the crisper bins, you will find that a lot of dust and dirt ends up falling into these, yuck! So clean them out in the sink the same way; warm water, soap and a sponge. While they are out take time to spray a cleanser into the bottom of your fridge and wipe it out with a towel or paper towel, it gets pretty gross under those drawers. Dry the drawers really well and put them back.

Now move the stuff from the door of the fridge onto the shelves and spray and wipe the door compartments down. If the door compartments are removable you can move them to the sink and wash them with warm water, soap and a sponge, dry them and put them back. Put your food back where you want it.
                                (After)

Congratulations! That’s it, you are done! It doesn’t take long when you just do it, although getting the energy to do it can be rough. I promise it will be worth it next time you open that door and it is sparkly! 


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 18, 2011 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Great post! Thanks.

I just found your blog through one of the Friday blog hops! Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

 
At February 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I am following back. I hope to see you again. You have a beautiful blog with very interesting topics.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tips, something I'm always in need of. Not domesticated at all! I really need to defrost my freezers.

Found you on Boost my blog Friday.
CJ xx

 
At February 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Five Seconds From Crazy said...

Uggg, I really need to do this today. I hate my fridge. It has too many of those little shelves that only house things that are under 4" tall.
Yuck. Blech. It's a mess in there.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Anonymous Jen said...

OMG.......I'm anal just like you, lol! Great post and you did an awesome job with the Champagne Chicken too!

Have a great weekend!
Jen

 
At February 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Aimee @ Explore, Learn, Have Fun! said...

Oh do I ever need to do this!! Thanks for the reminder - yours looks great! : ) I'm following you back ~ thanks for stopping by my blog!

Aimee @
justkiddingaroundatlanta

 
At February 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Blogger DontSayHurry said...

If I don't put it on my calendar I won't do it!! It's going to be done next Wednesday! New follower, thanks for stopping by my blog, The Mommy Blog.
CJR

 
At February 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Blogger momnmia said...

I just did this today, even before seeing your post. I know it's weird, but I LOVE cleaning my fridge. I love seeing it all clean and nice. Yours looks great!

 
At March 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

I always like to clean it before I go grocery shopping!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home