This Page

has been moved to new address

Rango- Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Rango- Review

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rango- Review

{Rango}
Rated PG

We went to a sneak peek of this movie on Tuesday night, it was; Jason, me, Sunnie, Woody (Sunnie’s husband), Moose, Tater, Louie and Sunnie’s two little ladies “B” and “C”.

The kids were all so excited to see this movie, they thought the commercials looked hilarious and the whole way to the theater they talked about how it was going to be “the funniest movie ever.”

I am going to say right off the bat that this movie was not good in my opinion and it certainly wasn’t good for kids. I guess I didn’t realize that it was rated “PG” and I assumed it was “G” rated because it is a cartoon, big mistake.

There were so many inappropriate things for little ones in this movie. They said “hell” more than 10 times, they said “damn”, huevos (balls) twice, enlarged prostate (not something I want to be explaining), tramp, floozy. There was a point where a character ended up under the dress of another character and came out saying something about “that wasn’t entirely unpleasant.” There was plenty of talk about killing and hanging other characters.

All-in-all I am not one of those overly conscious mothers, my kids probably hear words that they shouldn’t but I draw the line at them hearing words that I don’t want them repeating in a cartoon! I think that a PG rating is right for this movie; it really is just a general western film turned cartoon. I would recommend this film for the 10 and up crowd but honestly, I wouldn’t bother paying to see it, on top of everything else; it didn’t have a good story line at all. 


Photobucket

The opinions in this review are my own, I was not paid or provided with any products for this review.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Good to know! The Marketing for this movie made it seem so funny and perfect for adults and kids together. Lame.

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear! Honestly, I didn't think it looked good from the previews they've been airing. My soon to be 9 yr old wants to see this in the theater for his b-day. I think it comes out a week before. Not gonna do it! I'll wait and possibly get it from blockbuster when it comes out on DVD.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home