This Page

has been moved to new address

Go Green! Opting Out of Your Phone Book Delivery!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Go Green! Opting Out of Your Phone Book Delivery!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Go Green! Opting Out of Your Phone Book Delivery!

{Go Green! Opt-out of Your Phone Book Delivery!}

I am sure you have heard about this already but if you haven’t heard or you just haven’t bothered to do it, you should! I mean really, how often do you use the actual phonebook now days? Whenever I need a number I just go to my good friend Google and type in whatever I need, it is way faster and more efficient!

The phonebooks just pile up in the dump and take forever to decompose because they are so thick! If each home in your city gets only 1 phonebook per year and throws it in the trash can you imagine the pile that would create?


Opting out of receiving a phone book is really simple; it only takes a minute or two and keeps you from struggling with what to do with that giant phone book when it shows up on your doorstep.

  • Go to www.yellowpagesoptout.com
  • Register to the site- You will have to hit send twice
  • They will send you an e-mail with a password and also a onetime use link to avoid logging in.
  • Go to the site and opt out of getting phone books!


Even if you don’t recycle or do anything else for the environment, you can do this and it will make a big difference in the world! Take the time to do it, please.

Thank you so much!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Leila said...

Thank you Ms. Sarah, I am on my way and will be sharing this with everyone I know!!! I am so sick of getting phoe books as soon as they hit my door they get put in recycle.

Such a waste of paper, time and money they really need to STOP printing those things.

 
At February 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I completely agree! Thanks for sharing the tip with others, it is an important one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home