This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Chicken Curry

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: Simple Chicken Curry

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Simple Chicken Curry

{Simple Chicken Curry} 

This was my very first time making any kind of Indian food (or eating it for that matter!) and it was simple and delicious. If you haven’t ever made any Indian food before; this is where you should start, the taste is very subtle.

{Ingredients} 
  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
  • A drizzle of coconut oil (or olive oil)
  • 3-4 tablespoons of red curry paste
  • 2 ½ cloves of garlic
  • 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk, shaken (you can find this in the aisle by the Asian food, most stores carry it, you just have to find it)
  • 1 (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14oz) can of tomato sauce
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar
{Directions}
1.  Put the oil in a large pot or deep frying pan (it has to be deep enough to hold all of the tomatoes and sauce that you are going to add)
2.  Add curry paste and garlic and simmer, stirring very often for about 3 minutes

3.  Over medium heat add the chicken to the curry mixture and stir the chicken around to coat it

4.  Cook for 10 minutes until the center is no longer pink
5.  Pour in the shaken coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar, stir it all in until everything is mixed together well

6.  Simmer on low heat, uncovered for 50-60 minutes, stirring frequently

Photobucket

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At April 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Darby Hawley said...

Sarah, Thanks for stop by! I can't wait to see more delicious recipe postings like this one. I'm your newest follower :-)
Lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

 
At April 16, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger LoneIslander said...

Funny we were planning on making curry tonight as well lol.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds yummy, I am a new follower.
http://www.couponsavingsinthesouth.com/

 
At April 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Katie|Epicurean Mom said...

This sounds yummy! I'm your latest follower! Please follow me www.epicureanmom.com. I have lots of recipes and crafts on mine! Plus some photography :)

Katie

 
At April 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Mary @SweepingMe said...

WOW looks fantastic! I love foodie blogs. Altho, I can't make half of the things I do love to see others make it.

Mary
Sweeping Me

 
At April 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

Just stopping by to say thanks for stopping by Confessions of a Marine Wife. I was already following you :) Have a great weekend

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger momnmia said...

I love, love, love indian food! What a great idea to post this recipe. I think a lot of people are intimidated when it comes to ethnic foods, but you did great with this one.

p.s. Sorry I'm not around more...I sure wish I could be. You're doing a great job with your blog!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Onlythemanager said...

How mean! I'm just starting a new diet! Oh well, I forgive you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home