This Page

has been moved to new address

What Is Zumba?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Moose tracks and Tater stacks: What Is Zumba?

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What Is Zumba?


{Zumba!}


Have you been caught up in the Zumba craze yet? Last year I was looking for a way to shed a few pounds but I didn’t want to work too hard, admittedly I would rather just stay the size I am instead of having to strive to lose weight and be unhappy in the process.


I had a friend who was always talking about Zumba because she is an instructor; I found a class and decided to try it out. 
Click here to find a class near you!



What is Zumba? Zumba is a dance fitness class; it is a mix of dance styles and some workout moves, set to Latin dance music (and some other random music too). It is all very adaptable so even if you have never worked out before you can do this! You work at your own pace and you do the moves in a way that suits you, all while having fun!


This was the first fitness class that I have ever attended and I was really nervous that I wouldn’t be able to keep the beat or follow the moves but when I got there I saw that no one cares what you do or what you look like! It really is all about fun and being together.




(This is one of my favorite songs to dance to, the lyrics always make me thankful for what I have!)


I have been attending my class for almost a whole year; twice a week and I have shed 20lbs! I am in love with this workout and I am so sad when I have to miss a night, how crazy is that? It doesn’t feel like a workout at all. I would say that everyone should check it out once.


Remember that everyone has a first time and no one knows all of the moves the first time or even after attending for a year! Don’t worry about what you look like, enjoy the music and keep moving no matter what!


Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the video! Looks like so much fun!


Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. You can also add your blog to our Blog Hop! Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

http://www.AMommysSweetBlogDesign.com
http://www.MommysReviewsandGiveaways.com

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Thank for stopping by, I am your newest follower. I need to start losing again, I lost a bunch of weight after my first daughter was born and I hope to shed it soon, now that my baby is 8 months old. I have had a gym membership forever and never go.. I will see if they have ZUMBA and try it out... looks like fun. *I was watching this video and my baby was dancing* http://onemoreflewoverthecuckoo.blogspot.com/

PS - Thanks for the compliment, My header was done by Jessie Lynn Smith.

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Five Seconds From Crazy said...

I love Zumba! It makes me feel totally energized!

And you're right...it can seem totally intimidating at first when you feel like you'll look stupid, but you have to keep in mind that no one knows anything more than you do and you are all newbies!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! So glad I found you! You said you are in Denver, where do you take this class? Do you have to be a member of the gym? I would LOVE to take a Zumba class for real and I need something like this to see real women and adults, ha. And like you I would love to lose weight without having to be obsessed with it, and I LOVE to dance!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, email me if you have time!! Thanks!!
eisymorgan@gmail.com

 
At February 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

I am a SPIN Instructor, Body Pump Instructor, and pole instructor. I have been eyeing the zumba cert....you have pushed me over the edge. I am signing up right now.

Thanks for the video and great post!

Cheers

 
At February 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Blogger This Lil Piglet said...

That looks like a blast; I wish they had classes here. Following you back from the hop; thanks for the follow. :)

 
At February 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger The Whity Wife said...

My tiny university got in on the crazy last year. I was there in January and went to the class with one of my friends. It was love at first sight!

Congrats on the accomplishment! Not only the weight loss but the one year commitment! That is really something to be proud of!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Divine RC said...

Hi dear,

Just visiting again your wonderful blog. I love dancing!

Please join my ”your own postcards” giveaway contest.

Keep in touch!

Divine’s Life Chronicles

 
At February 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower from last week's blog hop:) Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
I have some amazing handmade giveaways going on! Take a peek!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Allison Nicole said...

Hi Sarah! I'm now following you & would love the follow back! I've always been curious about zmba & now that i saw your video I really want to try it! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for following me! I'm following you back! On GFC via Both my blogs:
www.mrs-marine.com
http://novelbloggers.blogspot.com
Please follow my other blog if you haven’t already. Don’t forget to stop by next week and link up again on "Stalk Hop Friday"!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for following my blog, already following you. Look forward to more posts.

http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Sunnie said...

I think I'll have to check this out now! Awesome on losing the weight, keep it up Sweet Mama!

 
At April 2, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger My Fitness World said...

WooHoo I love Zumba too!!! Thats why I teach it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home